I'm a sales professional with an entrepreneurial mindset having more than 18 years of experience in selling enterprise software, consulting, training & managed services to all sizes of clients including SMEs & Fortune 500 companies. I work with startups and entrepreneurs to increase their revenues and grow their business.
- Strategist, growth hacker & GTM specialist
- Sales professional with experience in selling enterprise software, DevOps tools and professional services.
- More than 18 years’ experience in strategy, business development, IT consulting, partnerships and sales.
- Experience in domains such as IT, internet marketing, financial services, manufacturing, telecom and trading.
- Set up companies with more than a million dollars in turnover within first year of operations.
- Instrumental in introducing new technologies to different sectors.
- Exposure to enterprise IT products
- Keen interest in internet marketing
Interest areas: Entrepreneurship, Startups, Sustainability, DevOps, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence & Information Security
Specialties: Strategic business development, vendor relationships & partnerships, enterprise solution sales, revenue generation, new technology research & tech consulting
Tamkeen Investments – Technology Business Director
Apr 2022 – Present
At Tamkeen Investments, I lead the technology businesses under their investment portfolio. I’m responsible for the P&L and growth for such investments. I also advise the group for all major technology acquisition and deployments.
DVCOM Technology – Head – Sales and Marketing
Feb 2020 – Present
DVCOM is a regional distributor of IP telephony, wireless & collaboration products across the GCC market. At DVCOM, I’m responsible for leading the sales & marketing operations in the Sultanate of Oman.
I collaborate with the principals and brands in developing the channel partner network. I also collaborate with the partners in identifying new business opportunities and helping them close the sales. I work with IT directors, managers, consultants & procurement teams of the biggest enterprises across Oman including the top banks, oil & gas, private enterprises, and manufacturing companies to solve their collaboration & telecom challenges by positioning innovative solutions from our vendors.
I led the team to offer new business offerings in the country in a tie-up with the leading telecom company resulting in recurring revenue with excellent margins in the distribution sector. We built a strong market presence for our brands in the country by enabling our channel partners for demos, POCs, and enhanced service delivery. This resulted in our products being specified by brand name in RFQs & tenders.
Opsten – Director, Strategy & Partnerships
Jul 2017 – Present
Opsten, previously known as Olindata, is an IT professional services company specializing in DevOps Consulting, Training & Managed Services.
Nurtured and closed the biggest business deal for the company with one of the leading financial institutions in the Middle East for managed services fully delivered by a remote team.
Signed partnership agreements with three of the biggest vendors in the DevOps field – Puppet, Docker & Icinga.
Work closely with enterprise customers in identifying problem areas and arriving at cost effective solutions using enterprise open-source software.
7EDGE – Director, Growth & Strategy
Jul 2016 – May 2017
7EDGE is an integrated technology & marketing company based out of Bangalore. At 7EDGE, I am responsible for the overall growth and strategy including business development, revenue growth and international expansion of the company.
Major activities include:
- Developing partnerships with major technology vendors
- Business presentation to major clients & partners
- Organizing meetups & events to connect with local tech communities.
- Setting up strategic partnerships with agencies globally
- Set up sales workflow and tools.
- International expansion of the company
- Large account acquisitions
- Representing company at tech events and conferences
OlinData – Head of Sales – APAC
Bangalore / Singapore
Jun 2013 – Jun 2016
OlinData is an open-source training & consulting company specialized in DevOps and infrastructure automation.
At OlinData, I am involved in planning the sales strategy for Asia in coordination with the management. I currently head the sales across APAC and also work with the European team on high value projects.
Major activities include:
- Business development including adding new accounts, business networking, taking part in events.
- Big account acquisitions (companies with 100M+ revenue)
- Strategic partnerships
- Business presentations to major clients
- Vendor registration with major companies (top companies in different verticals)
- Brand development
- Sales strategy planning, preparing and presenting sales reports
- Using sales tools like Pipedrive, Marketo, Hipchat, Podio and more.
- Business blogging
2004 – 2013
In 2004, at my first job at Six Color, I started a new division that was profitable from the first month and increase annual revenues by more than 25%. On-boarded major clients like Microsoft, Reliance, Titan, Maruti, IIMK & more. Negotiating with suppliers, I was able to get a discount of more than 10% on regular supplies, increasing profits further.
At my first entrepreneurial venture, Mr. Walker Footcare, we launched the first PU footwear brand in the state, manufactured using high-quality machinery from Italy resulting in distributors queuing for taking up the product with 100% advance payment, a first in the industry.
In 2008, at Octave Telecom, I led the company to a turnover of more than a million dollars in the first year of operations.
In 2009, at Eduportal Technologies & Portal Square, we launched a School Management System on Cloud with RFID integration & GPS tracking. This was the most promising product in the segment, and we got a buy-out offer within 6 months of launch. We successfully demonstrated the first GPS and RFID integrated school management system to the Abu Dhabi Educational Council in the UAE.
In 2012, at Muscat International Technologies, in the first year of operations, I was instrumental in closing the biggest order for the company by beating global companies like IBM in terminal emulation software.
German University of Technology in Oman
Member of the External Advisory Committee of the Applied Information Technology Department at GuTech
- Advise the University in academic programs and industry interactions and provide feedback on the quality of programs
- Provide information and advice to the professors of the Department about the needs of stakeholders from both industry and government.
- Make recommendations to the Department focusing on how to tailor programs of study, research and consultancy to meet the needs of the region.